Sawing logs is not for everyone is surely something that comes to mind as I'm out today in the thick of some wicked winter weather here in Central Ontario Canada. At each turn freshly-fallen snow is blowing off the trees and reminding me just how challenging it is to make lumber out of logs in the middle of winter. Despite these reminders, I"m ignoring the obvious and doing what I love to do; make lumber. After the freeze and thaw cycles that have been happening recently I'm left with a huge pile of snow behind my sawmill that must be dealt with. Watch as I try to brake up the sawdust and snow mix with nothing more than the bucket on my tractor. This huge compacted pile sure is an effort to get taken care of. I'm also clearing away the blowing snow with my trusty backpack blower just before I get down to sawing. The star of the show on the sawmill today is a huge spruce tree that recently blew down deep in the woods that you would've seen me winch out recently. Let's see just how much lumber I can get out of this beautiful log today. Glad you're all here and let's get down to it.
Tractor shown in this video: 2012 Kioti DK40se HST
Blower : Husqvarna 580BTS
Sawmill: 2017 Woodland Mills HM130
sawing a huge spruce tree moving a big tree on a small sawmill making lumber from big trees sawdust and snow is like concrete moving big logs by hand challenges of owning a sawmill why sawing lumber is hard sawing logs is not for everyone why a sawmill is not for you making siding with a sawmill clearing heavy snow with a tractor bucket woodland mills sawing logs making my own lumber 100% self reliance homestead jobs pioneer life why you need a can't hook

0 Comments