How good is the 7mm PRC? (Weapon Employment Zone analysis & more)

I've wanted to buy a 7mm more potent than my 7x64. And the 7mm PRC has caught my attention. I'm not a long-range hunter. But efficient cartridges with high BC bullets will give me more room for error in open country. That's at least what I think. Am I right or wrong?

To find out, I'll compare the 7mm PRC against other 7mm cartridges. And I'll compare it based on Killing Power Scores, wind go/no-go charts, and Weapon Employment Zone analysis.

The candiaates are: 7mm-08, 280 Rem, 280 AI, 7mm WSM (Winchester Short Magnum), 7mm PRC, 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm STW (Shooting Time Westerner) and 28 Nosler.

And I'm basing the test on Hornady Precision Hunter Ammunition loaded with ELD-X bullets.

I am not affiliated with Applied Ballistics and have purchased the AB analytics package I use. I do, however recommend this software to anyone hunting in open country. Not just long-range hunters.

Here is a link to their main site: https://appliedballisticsllc.com/
Here is a link to the AB Analytics package product page: https://thescienceofaccuracy.com/product/ab-analytics-package-free-accuracy-and-precision-book-optional/

RedKettle does not earn any commission from these links.

00:00 Intro
01:11 Should I get a 7mm PRC?
01:40 The evaluation
02:38 Twist rates
03:30 Accuracy and extreme spread
04:47 Minimum muzzle velocity
05:24 Killing Power Scores
06:49 Shot scenarios (MPBR, dialling for drop, dialling for drop and wind)
07:18 Go/no-go wind chart comparison
08:06 Go/no-go for 10" vital zone (large deer)
09:59 Go/no-go for 18" vital zone (bull elk)
10:44 Area covered comparison
12:06 Wind call sensitivity and Weapon Employment Zone analysis
14:44 Summary and conclusions

How good is the 7mm PRC? (Weapon Employment Zone analysis & more)


7mm prc 7mm prc vs 7mm rem mag 7mm prc cartridge 7mm magnums Weapon Employment Zone Analysis 7mm cartridges 7mm cartridge comparison best 7mm cartridge best 7mm magnum cartridge best 7mm magnum 7mm-08 280 Remington 280 Ackley Improved 7mm WSM 7mm Winchester Short Magnum 7mm rem mag 7mm remington magnum 7mm rem mag hunting 7mm Shooting Time Westerner 7mm STW 28 Nosler 28 nosler hunting Hornady precision hunter ammunition Hornady ELD-X Hornady

Post a Comment

0 Comments